POSTER CONTESTArts Alive LI Festival 2012 Limited Edition Commemorative Poster
Arts Alive LI Festival October 2013 Poster Contest
Arts Alive LI is celebrating the Second Annual Island-wide multi-venue arts festival, by launching a poster contest open to students, professionals and amateurs of all ages. Winning selections will become part of the Arts Alive LI 2013’s commemorative poster series. Winning posters may be viewed by thousands across Long Island, offering recognition to winners as well as cash prizes.
Arts Alive LI is a program of the Long Island Arts Alliance (LIAA).
- PreK – Grade 2
- Grades 3 – 6
- Grades 7 – 12 (students can be 18)
- Adult amateur (18 and older)
Who Can Enter:
All Long Island artists – students, teachers, professionals, and amateurs of all ages – can participate. There is no entry fee to participate.
Grand Prize: Apple IPAD and $500 Gift Certificate from Bethpage Federal Credit Union.
Prizes in each Category:
First Place: $250
Second Place: $100
Third Place: $50
Schools will receive a framed poster of student winner for to display in their schools.
WINNERS will be announced in Mid-June!
- Digital images of winning artwork will be showcased at select venues across Long Island to help promote the Festival.
- Winners will be notified by LIAA by phone, email or mail.
- Winners will be invited to the Arts Alive LI 2013 Festival launch party .
- Submissions: Contest begins February 4 – May 24, 2013
- Winners announced: Mid June 2013
- Theme: THE ARTS AND LONG ISLAND
- Submissions must be original
- No copyrighted artwork, characters (i.e., Superman, Disney) of name brands (i.e., Coke, Pepsi) may be used in the poster.
- Suggested mediums: drawing, painting, photography, digital or montage
- Maximum two (2) submissions per person
- Original artwork must fit within the frame with the logo, titles, etc. as seen in the template as your guide. Please use it as your guide. Your artwork can be arranged either vertically or horizontally.
- File format: Hi-resolution jpeg only (at least 300 dpi)
- Full Size 5 MB Max – A larger file size may be requested of winning entries.
- Arts Alive LI and the Long Island Arts Alliance are not responsible for lost or damaged artwork. Submitting work allows LIAA the right to use artwork for unlimited promotional purposes. No additional compensation will be given if submitted artwork is used for promotional purposes. All Original Artwork remains property of artist.
- Upon request original artwork must be delivered to:
Long Island Arts Alliance
100 Crossways Park West, Suite 107
Woodbury, NY 11797
Attn: Arts Alive LI Festival Director
How to Enter:
- Images of artwork may be uploaded to www.ArtsAliveLI.org until May 24, 2013.
- Artwork must be accompanied by a completed online entry form.
- If you are under the age of 18, your parent or legal guardian must consent to your participation in the contest on your behalf. Click here to download consent form. (Forms may be uploaded below with submission, emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (516)224-1732.
A panel of judges including art professionals, educators and museum curators will evaluate the qualified entries and select winners, per category, based on artistic excellence, originality, creativity, visual appeal and conveyance of theme.
For more information, please _email info@ArtsAliveLI.org.